Monday, April 24, 2017

Update on life

Hey, mid-to-late April here, and I'm buried at work in testing children, but we're coming to the end of the school year, so that's something.

Swim lessons went well, and I'm finishing them up this week. Hey, I can swim!!! I'm swimming laps, now, not fast, not graceful, but it has become a do-able thing in my life. That feels good...

Last night, I went to bed early, around 8:30. As I was tucking into my "Fellowship of the Ring" re-read, my friend Yoli called me from CA. We caught up; I adore Yoli, and we don't see each other nearly often enough. One of the things she shared with me was that our other friend, a lady we'd taught with for years, had been in a serious car accident, one which took the life of her sister, who was one of her few living relatives, and left her in a coma for 3 weeks, so that she didn't even know what happened. She woke up, in a care home, with a tube in her throat, and her 4 extremeties in casts, and the news that her sister was gone. Damn. She is 71. Yoli's rounding up friends to write her, and rally round her. I can't even imagine...but it's all too real. We have no idea what will happen from day to day.

This, 5 days before my sister comes to visit me, and while my husband is driving home from Florida. I want to call them both and say "Stay off the road, stay alive, I want you to be safe..." but I don't. I act normal. I call them, and just have mundane conversations, punctuated by "I love you's" and "I miss you's."

I am working hard, this week, at trying to find ongoing inspiration to continue unfucking my habitat. I am making some headway, but it's slow going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a leaf! Plant a seed!